Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The 8th Annual Appalachian Mountain Photography Competition











I was very humbled to discover that I won Best In Show last Saturday at the reception for the competition. There was a lot of incredible images selected. Two of my images were chosen out of the 46 on display. It was the picture of Eustace Conway that got the judges attention. Eustace has been proclaimed as the Last American Man. Him standing in front of a worn flag while looking at the sky can be interpreted many ways. The picture is not posed. We were talking and stopped in front of the flag. We paused, he looked up and I captured the moment. It ties in closely by his proclamation.

The picture above is from the seating for the Banff Film Festival at ASU. The exhibit is apart of the festival. A slideshow of the show played as the New River Boys entertained our ears. A highlight was when they announced my name to an auditorium full of guests. There was a roar of cheers.

I am just glad I got to share the experience with my wife. It is nice to have these moments. For everyone high there are plenty of lows that I would like to forget about.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments: