Thursday, April 14, 2011

Run of the Mill 5K





On Saturday I hope to make my third go at the CVCC Seeds Of Service 5K at Murray's Mill. The weather forecast is not looking good but I am keeping my fingers crossed. This is the first time that I have actually trained for the race. Previously I have came in 13th and 17th place. Once I came in second in my division. My average is around 33 minutes. I hope to make it in 30 minutes or less. This might not sound like much but the first time I just wanted to finish and last year I beat two of my students which one is younger than me and the other is in great shape.
I love running at the mill, it is beautiful and helps me find peace. Maybe one day I will attempt something larger but right now I looking forward to Saturday. I will post my results after the race. Wish me luck.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: